Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Let's dish.....about Dishes!

My husband, John, and I love to set a table! We have four sets of dishes; two formal china, one Christmas china and one everyday stoneware set (above is a sampling of our dishes). In addition, we have pieces that we use to accessorize. I thought we were an anomally but there seems to be a recent resurgence in table setting!
Living in the south, the art of dining has never completely died, but this seems to be an international rebirth. If you visit Victoria Magazine's website you will find the current home page slideshow is filled with table setting shots.....lovely! I often peruse a couple of British home decor mags and have found the same focus on the table. I hope this revival of the table encourages us all to linger over our meals and enjoy the company of those who we are dining with!





The dish is the guest star at the table and the possibilities are infinite. I want to share a little inspiration with you for your next table setting.....
A little taste of one of our Easter tables last Sunday.....
You can find some great additions to your table setting from many sources....try you local Goodwill, consignment stores and flea markets. Etsy and eBay are also great sources....here are a couple of nice dishes from my Etsy store and my booth at Harpeth Antique Mall...





Do you have an upcoming event that will require a large number of dishes but you still want a homestyle feel or an elegant touch? You can rent! Vintage and Antique rental dishes are now a business......








Rent My Dust specializes in vintage for that at home feel....perfect for a Fourth of July or Family Reunion celebration!







Table Graces' focus is on elegant, antique table settings.....visit their site. The china is exquisite!
Have an inspired day!












1 comment:

  1. I love collecting an assortment of vintage dishes and mixing/matching them into table settings. I don't get much of an opportunity to do this much more and miss the "fancy table" Would you believe that in 5 years we've never even eaten at out dining room table? One of these weekend nights I'm going to surprise everyone with a fancy setting in the dining room! Thank you for the inspiration! ~Leena~

    ReplyDelete